Selasa, 02 Agustus 2011

A must read!

Last Boyfriend Forever Love ebook

Last Boyfriend Forever Love ebook

Fred Hiatt's "Nine Days" is a jewel of a book. It seamlessly blends several genres, featuring a tightly-drawn adventure, a budding romance and a dead-serious discourse about China's history, culture and political repression, practiced by the Chinese Communist government.

The structure of the plot is well-sketched and quickly engages the reader. Ti-Anna Chen's father, a famous Chinese dissident living in exile in the United States, disappears during a visit to Hong Kong, where he was expected to meet with Chinese dissidents. Ti-Anna's mother and other adults seem powerless to do anything. And so, the teenagers take the initiative.

Ti-Anna, accompanied by her high-school friend, Ethan Wynkoop, embarks on a journey to find her father and rescue him. They travel first to Hong Kong, retrace Chen's footsteps and are eventually steered to Hanoi. There, they run afoul of a sex trafficking ring and discover that Ti-Anna's father was kidnapped by Chinese security agents and is now imprisoned in China.

While the action is fast-paced, the adventures are believable. The characters are strongly drawn, and the voices, particularly of Ethan Wynkoop, who functions as the main narrator, are both compelling and authentic. The portrayals of Hong Kong and Hanoi - of its streets, foods and people - are vivid and colorful. Be warned, the book may turn many readers into noodle aficionados. The budding romance between Ti-Anna and Ethan is portrayed sparingly and tastefully and meshes well with the narrative.

The book's authenticity stems in part from the fact that it builds upon a true story of Ti-Anna Chen's real-life counterpart, Ti-Anna Wang, whose father, Wang Bingzhang, was kidnapped by the Chinese government during a trip to Vietnam, where he went to meet with Chinese dissidents. It also helps a great deal that the author is able to infuse skillfully, through Ethan's narrator voice, a wealth of information about China's culture and political history into both the plot and character development.

This fascinating adventure tale is oriented at young adults and, with any luck, will spark interest in them about the real-life dramatic issues that populate today's newspaper headlines. But, even if you don't have a teenager in your house, consider reading the book for yourself. It is a guilty pleasure and well worth it.

Get your Last Boyfriend Forever Love ebook Now!

2 komentar:

  1. hey guys just being to my sisters wedding lovely service my eccentric mother invited my ex and my daughter i didn't like that my ex behaved like a pig he was flirting with a woman called kelly ann davies her husband saw it I was upset she then tried it on with my partner. I feel very miserable that nobody has proposed to me which includes my partner i know he is unemployed and on the dole and im working on a temporary promotional campaign. I feel very jealous that my boyfriends best mate asked his girlfriend five times to marry him and boasts that her bought an expensive ring she then said yes and they are getting married next year in april and also there is a girl at work she has just got engaged to her boyfriend and was showing off her ring . I feel very hurt and unhappy but I i love my partner and really don't want to push him his mum and i fell out and had had a huge argument last month 4 months ago she said to him your thinking of getting engaged are you? she said ina negative tone i didn't like that. Guys what should I do?Also his mum was very rude and abrupt to me this lunchtime I was chatting about how we could design our own cards to send to people for weddings and thank you cards instead of having to spend we could customise our own she then said that her son has no time for that he is busy and doesn't need to bxxxxger about with i resent ed her tone and manner any way the thought of having a mother in law like her is unimaginable compared to my sisters new mother who is very polite posh and nicely spoken and she is definitely loved by her family I wish that was me her fiance proposed to her romantically surprisingly at a mates wedding my boyfriend never did I know he paid of the rest of my divorce and we both live with his parents and he is unemployed all i want is to be happy im 34 and wont stay young forever what should i do?

    BalasHapus
  2. ps Im a girl just entering university/ college in need of summer vacation reading material

    BalasHapus